6/20/2005

Notorious

Be expectant of reviews left and right, I've found a lot of spare time... I wonder if anyone is reading this... there may be some spoilers, some people have different views on the word.

Notorious, a film I remember watching during a holiday period. Shown in the morning like good old films always are I tuned in and watched it, and found it to be a great film. So like every film I like I bought it a couple of months ago, and finally managed to watch my DVD.
Directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Cary Grant, Ingrid Bergman and Claude Rains in the main roles. It involves a secret Nazi plan which had something to do with storing Uranium in wine bottles. But the subplot for the film is not important. The important factor of the film is that is has:

The Best ending for a film ever!!

(Of course I am not considering any other films when I say this) But it has what I believe to be the best open ended film ever, with a great last line.

“Alex, will you come in, please? I wish to talk to you.” – it’s good when you see it in context.

Like every Hitchcock film Notorious has the great witty humor. Some of the best talent at the time. And a pretty good DVD transfer. It only differs from that of some of his other films, as there is little action, but I would class the film as more of a suspense film so… its not North by Northwest

I keep this review short, because I know what I like about the film, and that’s its end and its great lines. Watching Claude Rains makes me want to watch Casablanca, and watching Cary Grant in it, really reminded me of some kind of Thunderbird, or perhaps Captain Scarlet.. I’m not sure which, he kept moving his eyes, freaked me out :P.


My favourite line from the film;

“This fog gets me?” “That's your hair in your eyes”

Cptalbertwesker Rating 8/10 - hey at least it isn’t German... only I will get this joke... unless Catherine has the off chance of remembering an incident involving the film.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An Incident O_o huh, remind me my mind grows weak in my old age.

And hehe that quote you quoted is funny ^^ I should say that some time :P

And how on earth can you do this stuff in the heat, I'd just die.

 
At 6:28 am, Blogger Cptalbertwesker said...

Um, well I kinda had a German version of the film... or rather german dubbed ontop of the English, I didn't think you would remember too much.

And Um I was sitting under a fan... therefore, bye bye heat.

 
At 3:18 pm, Anonymous Antique Slot Machines said...

To me it is not clear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home